This article was co-authored by Stina Garbis. Reverend Stina Garbis is a Psychic Astrologer and the Owner of Psychic Stina. With over 30 years of experience, she specializes in providing personal and professional advice through astrology and tarot card readings. Reverend Stina has experience working with high-profile celebrities, sports figures, politicians, and CEOs. She has been featured in many publications, including Bustle, Vice, The New York Post, and Readers’ Digest and she also has a 200k+ following on TikTok. Stina holds an Ordained Minister License from The International Metaphysical Ministry University Seminary.
There are 7 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page.
This article has been viewed 1,610,072 times.
How do the sun, moon, and planets affect your life and personality? Your horoscope holds the answer. Horoscopes forecast your future using information based on the positions of celestial bodies at the time of your birth. If you want to know your daily, weekly, or monthly horoscope, the first step is to figure out your zodiac sign. Ready to get started on your astrological journey? We’ll show you exactly how to find your zodiac sign and walk you through all the best places to find your horoscope.
Figuring Out Your Zodiac Sign
1Use your birthday to determine what Zodiac sign you are. There are 12 Zodiac—or astrological—signs, each categorized according to a certain time of year. Also known as Sun signs, their ranges can sometimes increase or decrease by 1 day during different years, although Western astrology typically uses fixed dates. X Research source
- Aries: March 21st through April 19th.
- Taurus: April 20th through May 20th.
- Gemini: May 21st through June 20th.
- Cancer: June 21st through July 22nd.
- Leo: July 23rd through August 22nd.
- Virgo: August 23rd through September 22nd.
- Libra: September 23rd through October 22nd.
- Scorpio: October 23rd through November 21st.
- Sagittarius: November 22nd through December 21st.
- Capricorn: December 22nd through January 19th.
- Aquarius: January 20th through February 18th.
- Pisces: February 19th through March 20th.
2Learn about the different personality traits associated with your sign. Each of the Zodiac signs is connected to different personality traits. These traits are believed to be present in the people that were born under their corresponding Zodiac sign.
- For example, Aries are thought to be independent and courageous, while Pisces are characterized as more reserved.
- Taurus are easy-going but stubborn, and Leos are often kind, generous and devoted with high self-esteem.
- Geminis are talkative social butterflies with many shifting personalities, and Cancers are inconsistent, unpredictable, and drawn to adventure.
- Virgos are analytical and constantly thinking about bettering themselves and those around them, and Libras are ambitious and diplomatic, with expensive tastes.
- Scorpios are intense people that work hard to make sense of the world, while Sagittarius are positive, vibrant, and reckless. They also love meeting new people.
- Capricorns are ambitious people with active minds that need to be in control of their life, and Aquarius seize the moment to create new ideas and don't care about what others think of them.
3Determine your compatibility with other people based on their zodiac sign. Each zodiac can be categorized by an element: fire, water, air, or earth. Zodiacs that fall within the same element are believed to be most compatible.
Finding Your Horoscope
1Check a newspaper or online publication for your daily horoscope. Most newspapers have a section titled "Daily Horoscope," which provides Zodiac-based advice for each day. For a more modern option, head online and search for a daily horoscope for plenty of options. X Research source
- For daily horoscopes, visit here: https://broadly.vice.com/en_us/topic/horoscopes
- Subscribe to website newsletters to get your daily horoscope emailed to you every day.
2Read weekly horoscopes in popular magazines and websites. Check out Broadly, Elle, Chatelaine, and Hello Magazine – in print or on their websites. You can also check online websites that are completely focused on horoscopes and related information. X Research source
- Contrast your weekly horoscope with your daily horoscope and look for overlapping advice.
3View your monthly horoscope in popular magazines and websites. Just like weekly horoscopes, professional publications and horoscope websites are your best bet for monthly horoscopes. Try Women's Health, ION, Elle, Huffington Post, and Chatelaine. X Research source
- Avoid no-name online websites that don't have a solid reputation. Horoscope quality is highly variable, so stick with the big names!
4Interpret your horoscope. After reading one or more horoscopes, try and apply the information to your daily life. If your horoscope tells you to pursue a new relationship and you see an opportunity—professional or romantic—take a chance! With that being said, use your horoscopes as motivational guides, but don't take them too seriously.
- Try and act on horoscope guidance whenever you see a positive opportunity.
Reading an Astrological Chart
1Get an astrology chart. Astrological charts show the positions of the Sun, Moon, planets, sensitive angles, and astrological aspects throughout the year. You can purchase a hardcopy online, print one out, or read online via a website. X Research source
- Take some time to familiarize yourself with an astrology chart before determining your signs and house.
- For the planets, remember: Mercury is the planet of thought. Venus is love, or how you love others. Mars is how you get angry. Jupiter is luck and work. Saturn is your problems and how you overcome them. Uranus represents creativity and what you repress. Neptune is the deep emotions. Pluto is what is underground and needs to be exposed.
2Find your Sun sign on an astrology chart. Every astrology chart is divided into 12 sections, each of which corresponds with different periods within the year. Locate the section on the astrology chart that matches the period that your birthday falls under and determine the Zodiac sign for this section. X Research source
- The Sun sign is the Zodiac constellation that is located behind the sun on your birthday. Most daily, weekly, and monthly horoscopes are based on this sign alone.
3Determine the meaning of your Sun sign. The Sun sign is believed to be the most important influence on your Zodiac personality. Most newspapers and websites use the sun sign to determine your horoscope. For example, Aries' are upbeat, independent, and adventurous, while Taurus' are practical, ambitious, and reliable. X Research source
- Read magazines like Broadly, Elle, Chatelaine, and Hello Magazine, Women's Health, Huffington Post, and ION to learn the meaning of your Sun sign.
- Remember that different sources will vary in their advice!
4Find your element and its corresponding broad personality traits. Of the 12 Zodiac signs, groups of 3 are split into 4 elements: Fire, Water, Earth, and Air. Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius are Fire; Pisces, Cancer, and Scorpio are Water; Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn are Earth; and Aquarius, Gemini, and Libra are Air. X Research source
- Fire signs are confident, passionate, and intuitive.
- Water signs are idealistic, sensitive, and kind.
- Air signs are social, communicative, and open-minded.
- Earth signs are practical, realistic, stable, and persistent.
5Determine your Moon sign and its meaning. The Moon sign is determined by the location of the Moon at the time of your birth. It is believed to be connected to your inner self and emotional nature. The moon in your chart determines how you communicate, while also determining emotional states and moods. Contrary to your Sun sign, it is thought to reflect your personality when you are in your comfort zone or alone. For example, Gemini's Moon sign reveals a need to be socially engaged and communicate, as well as experiencing valuable but complex inner monologues.
- Look for online horoscopes to determine your Moon sign meaning, as most magazines do not offer this kind of information.
- Moon signs are considered to be more feminine and reflective of relationships with important females in your life.
- Some people believe the Moon signs are more reflective of your subconscious thoughts than the Sun sign.
6Locate your house and its meaning. Start by finding the ascendant at 9 o'clock—this is the sign and degree that was ascending the Eastern horizon when you were born. From this location, which represents the top line of the first house, each 30-degree interval counterclockwise is a house that is dominated by its corresponding Zodiac. After determining the ascendant, read the corresponding Zodiac information for each 30-degree interval throughout the year. X Research source
- Consider the first house, which is located in the 30-degrees from 9 o'clock to 8 o'clock. If the corresponding Zodiac of your first house is Aries, which means this sign dominates the first house. The First House represents you at birth, such as attitude, temperature, physical appearance, and identity.
- To find your ascendant, you need to know the time, date, and location of your birth.
- Determine your ascendant here: http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/calculate.php.
QuestionHow do I find my chart ruler?Stina GarbisReverend Stina Garbis is a Psychic Astrologer and the Owner of Psychic Stina. With over 30 years of experience, she specializes in providing personal and professional advice through astrology and tarot card readings. Reverend Stina has experience working with high-profile celebrities, sports figures, politicians, and CEOs. She has been featured in many publications, including Bustle, Vice, The New York Post, and Readers’ Digest and she also has a 200k+ following on TikTok. Stina holds an Ordained Minister License from The International Metaphysical Ministry University Seminary.
Psychic AstrologerPsychic AstrologerExpert AnswerYour astrological chart ruler is the planet that rules your rising sign, which is determined by your time and place of birth.
QuestionCan Pisces and Gemini match?Community AnswerTheir compatibility is extremely low. Possibly the worst pairings psychically, emotionally, and intellectually.
QuestionCan Aries and Libra get married?Community AnswerAny two signs can and do marry. Aries and Libra are "opposites" in many ways. They are often attracted to each other despite, or perhaps because of, their differences. There’s plenty of chemistry to keep this relationship passionate —even though the relationship might not last long. These dreamers can become the ultimate team. (This generalization may not be true in every case.)
Remember that not all sites have good information. Check to make sure they are credible before relying on them.
- ↑ https://astrostyle.com/zodiac-sign-dates/
- ↑ https://www.horoscope.com/us/index.aspx
- ↑ https://www.elle.com/horoscopes/weekly/
- ↑ https://www.womenshealthmag.com/life/g24126072/november-2018-horoscope
- ↑ https://www.universetoday.com/38076/zodiac-signs-and-their-dates
- ↑ https://www.universetoday.com/38076/zodiac-signs-and-their-dates
- ↑ https://www.manrepeller.com/2018/08/astrology-birth-chart.html
- ↑ https://www.manrepeller.com/2018/08/astrology-birth-chart.html
- ↑ http://www.horoscopeswithin.com/houses.php
About This Article
To figure out your horoscope, start by finding out your zodiac sign, or sun sign. Your zodiac sign is determined by what time of the year you were born. For example, if you were born between December 22nd and January 19th, your sign is Capricorn. Once you know your sign, look up what kinds of personality traits are associated with it. For instance, people born under Virgo are thought to be thoughtful and analytical, while those with Cancer as their sign have a reputation for being unpredictable and adventurous. Once you know your sign, you can find your horoscope by looking at a newspaper, magazine, or astrology website. Typically, horoscopes are either daily, weekly, or monthly. Locate the horoscope prediction associated with your sign. As you read it, try to think of ways that the predictions and advice in the horoscope apply to what’s going on in your life right now. For example, if your horoscope says that now is a good time to pursue romantic relationships, consider asking your crush out on a date. You can also learn more about your horoscope by reading an astrology chart. These charts show the positions of the sun, the moon, and other celestial bodies at the exact time and date of your birth. You can either create a chart using an astrology website, or have one made for you by a professional astrologer. Using your chart, you can figure out things like your rising sign—or the sign that was rising on the eastern horizon at the moment of your birth—as well as your dominant house, which is the section of the chart where your rising sign is located. Since reading an astrology chart can be complicated, ask a professional to help you, or pick up an astrology book from your bookstore or local library for more information. For tips on how to find your sun sign on an astrology chart, keep reading!
Reader Success Stories
"So wonderful to know what the numbers and signs all are for knowledge. I grew up being told that I shouldn't read my horoscope. While it's meant for encouraging you, I still believe in God. I do know that a lot of things I've read were true of happening."..." more